To mark the SLA’s 80th birthday in 2017 they are holding a photographic competition Read80 to celebrate reading for pleasure and the impact school libraries have. You are encouraged to take photographs that show people of any age celebrating the joy of reading and to submit them to our competition. Images can be uploaded onto Instagram or Twitter with the #SLARead80 – all images tagged will be entered into the competition. When submitting via Instagram additionally add the hashtag #bookstagram.
The competition will be open for entries from 1 September 2016 to Friday 23 December 2016. A selection of entries may be included as part of a celebratory publication during 2017.
THE SMALL PRINT
- Judges’ decisions are final.
- Photographs must be digital in format and can only be submitted by the photographer.
- Photos to be taken during the competition run dates, please do not use photos from before these dates.
- Permission for use by the SLA on their website, in publications and other promotional material is granted and assumed by entry into the competition. Entrants to ensure all relevant permissions are sought before entering the photo in the competition.
- Entrants don’t have to be a member of SLA to enter.
The judging panel comprises Barbara Band, Jodi Brooks, Joy Court, Sally Dring, and Bev Humphrey plus a celebrity author judge, to make the final choices from the panel’s shortlists. There will be prizes for both Junior (student) and Senior (adult) sections